1971 John Alden Centre Cockpit Ketch
ABOUT THE BOAT
|Year Launched Approx||1971|
|Manufacturer / Design||John Alden / Keith Atkinson|
|LOA approx||17.2 m|
|Beam approx||4.06 m|
|Hull Type||Mono Hull|
|Hull Construction Material||Kauri / Teak / Mahogany|
|Engine Name||Cummins 115 hp D-6B-59M|
|Max Speed approx||9 Knots|
|Cruising Speed approx||8 Knots|
|Fuel Capacity approx||800 Litres|
|Water Capacity approx||400 Litres|
|Spars||Aluminium and Spruce|
|Sails||2 x Main, Roller headsail, Self tacking stay-sail, Yankee, 2 x Mizzen head sails, 2 x Mizzen MPS, 3 x Spinnakers|
|Rigging||Stainless Steel, replaced at 2005 refit|
Hot Water System
Designed by the famous naval architect John G. Alden, she is 14.6/ 17.2m built with superb craftsmanship by T. Keith Atkinson , circa 1971, professionally refurbished in 2005. Constructed of Carvel Kauri, Teak and Mahogany with hand-crafted joinery . Ketch rigged for easy sail handling, exceptional balance off the wind and a sea kindly motion, easily handled by a couple, but she's big enough for a family to comfortably live aboard for extended periods. Generous main saloon with four vista windows gaining superb views and natural light, spacious aft cabin with en-suite and bow cabin forward with plenty of room for two adults. Separate access to the forward bathroom with front loading washing machine. 7 berths in total. Natural teak floors throughout.
* Cummins 115 hp diesel, Kohler 8.5 KVA genset, dual wetbacks to twin HW services.
* Comprehensive sail wardrobe, including 2 MPS , spinakers, storm sails and more.
* Full boom shade cover and cockpit fully enclosed tent for dry sailing, teak boarding ladder.
* Near new Raymarine Instruments ,underwater sonar, 25 LPH water maker, holding tank, 2 GPS, twin depth sounders, forward scanning, VHF and SSB, 25km Radar, liferaft , capstain , Aqua pro solid 4M RIB,
* 24 Volt electric refrigeration, fridge/freezer. optional dive compressor.
This unique blue water cruiser is exceptionally strong, offering offshore security, rarely found in boats built today. Cherished by the current owners for the last 25 years
Priced to Sell